How to import issue link - (depends) via CSV

Tomasz R January 16, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I need to create a bunch of issues in JIRA via CSV import. I would like them to be linked to some of my existing items. However I have a problem. It seems that on column mapping page I do not have an option to select any field that stores linked IDs. I tried to search for Link, Depends on, Outward Link but none of these field exist. Could you please help?

I found out the below tread, and tried to replicate the process. But I couldn't because it seems that my JIRA doesn't have a field called Link 'depends on' (or any other field starting with Link...)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/How-to-import-issue-link-relates-to-via-CSV/qaq-p/199072

I would appreciate your help.

BTW, I'm on JIRA v7.2.3 and I'm doing the import with functionality called 'Import issues from CSV', it is available in 'Issues' menu

2 answers

3 votes
Tomasz R January 24, 2018

Unfortunately, I'm not and administrator and cannot be due to my organization's policies. However I found potential solution

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-import-issue-links-from-a-csv-file-as-a-non-admin-user-830474094.html

I will be checking out this solution in coming days.

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2018

The previous question you linked to should technically work. However, I don't think this option is available when importing issues using the "Import issues from CSV" option in the Issues menu, but is only available to the CSV import used by Jira administrators (I've also found that this is the case for trying to import Epic Link, unfortunately). I'm not sure of the reasoning behind it, but the two import options are different for general Jira end users and Jira admins.

If you're a Jira administrator, you can find the admin CSV import option by going to System > External System Import, then choose "CSV" from the list of options.

Suggest an answer