How to import development branches, commits, etc through CSV?

Kevin Labrum January 15, 2019

I am exporting projects from one Jira Cloud instance and importing them into another Jira Cloud Instance. They have development branches created in the original Jira tickets that I need to show up in the issues in the new Jira instance. I have mapped the "Development" field.

However, when I import the issues that have branches created nothing shows up. See Screen shots.

***You'll notice I didn't map every field for sake of testing. I needed to check to see if the development stuff came over or not"

Original.jpgNew Instance.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

@Kevin Labrum Since you have migrated the data from one JIRA Software Cloud instance to another, you will need to connect your existing Bitbucket Cloud or Server instance to your new JIRA Software Cloud instance in order to bring down and populate information in the "Development" panel of JIRA issues (NOTE: this linking will bring down all information like branches, commits and pull requests, if the JIRA Issue keys have not changed post data migration to new instance).

You can connect your old Bitbucket Cloud to your new JIRA Software Cloud using the steps from this Atlassian doc: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/connect-bitbucket-cloud-to-jira-software-cloud-814190686.html

Kevin Labrum January 15, 2019

I will be using all the same Issue Keys as the original.

So that team is still currently working in the original instance. I was planning on moving all the data into the new instance after hours. Once everything is imported into the new instance, should I then go into Bitbucket and connect it to the new instance?

If I go into Bitbucket and change the Jira Instance to point to the new instance theoretically all the Development information should populate?

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

Yes.

Like Kevin Labrum likes this
Srilatha Kolla November 12, 2019

@Taranjeet Singh  I'm in a similar situation, but with one set of instances in cloud and the other in server. I need the data from cloud version in to server version. I was wondering if this is possible.

We have Jira - Bitbucket in cloud and another Jira-Bitbucket in server. We are planning to merge 2 instances of each in to one server. We are starting with Jira first. So, how do I get the development data imported. Can I point to both Server and Cloud versions of Bitbucket to my server Jiar and then import Jira issues?

Thanks

Suggest an answer