How to import customer via CSV files ?

Jb Vercruysse November 18, 2016

Hello, 

I want to add all my customers in service desk, how can i do this ? 

And I don't want them to receive a mail.

My goal is to give them access to the portal without having to create a new account because they already have an account on my site. 

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Jb Vercruysse November 18, 2016

Hello, 

No, they don't have account in JIRA. They have account on my website and I want them to be able to add request but it must the most transparent for them. I don't want them to create manually a account on JIRA.

Perhaps, there is an other way to get want I want : Can JIRA service desk call one of my API to grant access to the request portal ? 

In customer permission, I see "Anyone can email the service desk or raise a request in the portal" but they need to create an account to actually raise a request.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2016

I expect you can do this thru API if your goal is to retain your portal as their interface. The API is documented here i believe - https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-applications/jira-service-desk?_ga=1.44865004.995936403.1453778832

Otherwise, you can easily create the users manually or import via CSV. If you want them to have access to the JSD Portal then they will need to login and create a password. If you want them to simply submit requests via email then they don't need to login. They will receive email updates and can reply to the email to add comments.

to import via CSV include the following columns: username, user email, full name. Import via admin>system>external system import and choose CSV (or other method).

asarda_ November 20, 2016

I'd suggest using the API if you want to automate this - but first establish whether you need to do this in the first place. Like Jack has mentioned, your users will automatically be signed up as customers if they email your JIRA Service Desk. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2016

Jean-Baptise,

I assume you mean they already have an account in JIRA? Maybe from JSW? If all you want to do is add them to a JSD project then you simply need to go to the project>customers screen>add customers and paste the list into the box. Emails should be separated by commas I believe.

Suggest an answer