How to import a project as csv in Jira 5.7

CareLanes December 1, 2022

Hi, 

I am using Jira own premise server version 5.7. I need to import one of my project and all users associated with it to a CSV file.

How I can acheive this, can some one help on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2022

Hello

I don't think Jira 5.7 actually exists. And if it did it would be 10 years old. Can you doublecheck your version please?

That being said: csv imports are tricky an error prone. I strongly recommend testing this several times on a test environment of Jira.

Here is the CSV import documentation.

You basically need a file with 1 column per field. For multi select fields you can repeat the column names but you can include only 1 value per column.
You can also import comments, attachments, etc. Everything does depend on your Jira version. Older versions has less capabilities for imports.

For the users: email addresses in the assignee and reporter fields will be created as new users.
But ideally you create the users up front and inlcude the usernames in the CSV columns.

Suggest an answer