How to import Tickets from Service Desk instance to a diff JIRA instance in a Kanban board?

Amro Hassaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017

I am trying to create a Kanban board in our production JIRA server and pull into it tickets from another Service Desk instance. I have both apps linked properly. When creating Kanban in JIRA, i cannot see any issues coming from the SD instance. Please help if there is away to do it.

I reviewed all answers here related to this topic and they all indicated that this is possible as long as the two apps are linked. Which is the case we have, however it still doesnt' work.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39987154

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017

They are not on the board because they are in a separate system. 

You'll need to duplicate them over (there are add-ons to help), or use it as intended - on the same server.

Amro Hassaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

Thank you @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] very much for your answer. What add-ons you suggest to use? We are already using scriptrunner but i am not sure if it can be utilized in this case. or do yo mean an agile solution for Service Desk itself?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2017

The best option is "an agile solution for Service Desk" - run one JIRA Server with Service Desk and Software applications installed on it.

If you have to keep two servers, one for SD and one for Software, then I would look to duplicate the project(s) you need in both.  You could rig it up with ScriptRunner, but I would prefer a dedicated solution - K15t's Backbone or iDalko's Exalate add-ons both do it.  (I'm much more familiar with Backbone because of recent work, but they both work well)

Amro Hassaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Thank you very much. Great answer and will help us alot getting this properly. Appreciate you taking time Nic.

Suggest an answer