How to import Tests Details for a issue (Type : Test) ?

Raspdealer October 19, 2014

Hi guys,

Is it possible to import the test details steps from an excel file ?

Thanks !

Type : Test > Test Details Section > Test Step field (to fill)

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2014

Yeah! Thanks . I understand for classic point like : IssueType, Summary, Component Test, "First issue",Component1 bug, "Second issue",Component2 bug, "Third issue",Component3 but in this point, how can I import a list of string to fill my Test Details steps ?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2014

I assume Test Details is a custom field. Then use id,IssueType, Summary, Component, Test Details ABC-123,Test, "First Issue",Component1," Step1 blabla Step 2 bla bla Step 3 bla bla" make sure your string is quoted!

Are you sure of that field name ? How can I confirm this ? With API ?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 19, 2014

As I said: I assumed Where do you want to store the test details step? In which Field?

Raspdealer October 20, 2014

Type : Test > Test Details Section > Test Step field (to fill)

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2014

In your csv file you would name that field test step field. Then you need to map the fields while importing it into jira. See the link I provided in my answer. If you have never done this before use a test environment and import data there first.

Raspdealer October 20, 2014

Ok thanks for help. So it's something like this ? Assignee, Reporter, IssueType, Summary, Issue ID, Parent ID "me@me.com", "me@me.com", Test, "MY TEST PLAN", 9999, "me@me.com", "me@me.com", "Test Step", "MY TEST PLAN STEP (Firefox)",,9999 "me@me.com", "me@me.com", "Test Step", "MY TEST PLAN STEP (Chrome)",,9999 "me@me.com", "me@me.com", "Test Step", "MY TEST PLAN STEP (Internet Explorer)",,9999

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2014

Yes, seems good enough, you need to add the test step field (that why you are doing this) Make sure the users exists, if not new users will be created and test it in a test environment first.

Suggest an answer