How to import Tests Details for a issue (Type : Test) ?

Hi guys,

Is it possible to import the test details steps from an excel file ?

Thanks !

Type : Test > Test Details Section > Test Step field (to fill)

Capture.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

Yeah! Thanks . I understand for classic point like : IssueType, Summary, Component Test, "First issue",Component1 bug, "Second issue",Component2 bug, "Third issue",Component3 but in this point, how can I import a list of string to fill my Test Details steps ?

I assume Test Details is a custom field. Then use id,IssueType, Summary, Component, Test Details ABC-123,Test, "First Issue",Component1," Step1 blabla Step 2 bla bla Step 3 bla bla" make sure your string is quoted!

Are you sure of that field name ? How can I confirm this ? With API ?

As I said: I assumed Where do you want to store the test details step? In which Field?

Type : Test > Test Details Section > Test Step field (to fill)

In your csv file you would name that field test step field. Then you need to map the fields while importing it into jira. See the link I provided in my answer. If you have never done this before use a test environment and import data there first.

Ok thanks for help. So it's something like this ? Assignee, Reporter, IssueType, Summary, Issue ID, Parent ID "me@me.com", "me@me.com", Test, "MY TEST PLAN", 9999, "me@me.com", "me@me.com", "Test Step", "MY TEST PLAN STEP (Firefox)",,9999 "me@me.com", "me@me.com", "Test Step", "MY TEST PLAN STEP (Chrome)",,9999 "me@me.com", "me@me.com", "Test Step", "MY TEST PLAN STEP (Internet Explorer)",,9999

Yes, seems good enough, you need to add the test step field (that why you are doing this) Make sure the users exists, if not new users will be created and test it in a test environment first.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,001 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot