How to import Sprint from CSV?

Krupasindhu Nayak June 24, 2015

Hello,

I am unable to import Sprint from CSV. Could anyone suggest me the procedure. The Sprint values (Sprint 0, Sprint 1 ....)are not supporting.

If it is not possible through CSV is there any other method?

Regards,

Krupasindhu

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

We would like to inform you that mapping the sprint number isn't possible in JIRA when importing via CSV. However, there's a feature request which has been raised for this functionality. For your reference, please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5942.

Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2015

We suggest to complete the import first and then perform a bulk edit to update the Sprint name (the field name is Sprint) for the relevant issues

Like irismet likes this
Krupasindhu Nayak June 24, 2015

Thanks I'll do that manually. We are hearing this since 2012 that in next 12 months JIRA is going to update the sprint import from csv. Do we have any update that this can be added in next release?

Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2015

No, I already added the ticet number above.

Piyush_Annadate July 22, 2016

Was that done? Importing via  CSV.

Dionisio Gomes May 23, 2017

There is an alternative way to accomplish this task. In the sprint field of the csv file instead of adding the sprint number 0, 1, 2, 3 ... add the sprint id (this number you can get in the database in the sprint table). To get the job done. ok?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Joe Pursel April 6, 2021

@Dionisio Gomes is right, there is a way to add the Sprint ID, which is a number, to the .csv file when importing using the External System Import tool.

To get the sprint id, go to Search for Issues, Advanced Search, enter the name of the sprint in the search bar. For example,

sprint = name of your sprint

The sprint id will appear as a number in the place of the 'name of your sprint' above.

Copy the sprint id number and insert the id number into your .csv file and ensure that the column for the sprint field is a number field with no decimal points.

Your issues will import with the correct sprint.

Suggest an answer