How to import JIRA On Demand data into JIRA On Premise?

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2014

Hello,

We would like to import our JIRA model from On Demand to an On Premise instance. We get a .zip file with the Backup manager, but it's impossible to import on a JIRA run by atlas-run-standalone (same version as the On Demand instance), because the Importer asks for a license, and we don't see our JIRA license string in my.atlassian.com ...

So how to do?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Frédéric, in case you don't have an on premise license you can generate an evaluation license and then contact the sales team in order to convert the on demand license into a on premise one.

To generate an evaluation license key, or extend your evaluation, simply log into My Atlassian. From here, click on 'New Evaluation License' and follow the instructions to associate your Server ID. A new evaluation license will be generated that you enter into your server product.

Hope it helps!

Cheers

L.F

Frédéric Tardieu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2014

Hi Luciano, From what I was reading in Atlassian answers, there is a need to have an Atlassian JIRA server with the same version as the JIRA running On Demand. Our On Demand JIRA is version 6.4-OD-09-008, and when downloading a JIRA server for evaluation on https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download, a JIRA server 6.3.11 is downloaded. Can we then inport on JIRA server 6.3.11 a data model which comes from JIRA On Demand 6.4-OD-09-008? Our JIRA model contains new worflows, issue types... Thanks a lot, F.

Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Frédéric, yes you can import on 6.3.11. You should also use the latest available on premise version in order to import from On Demand. You may refer our documentation below on how to achieve that. Hope it helps! :) https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+Cloud+to+JIRA+Server

0 votes
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
November 28, 2014

Hi Frédéric,

Your Ondemand license cannot be used on JIRA standalone. You will need to generate a new JIRA license from My Atlassian for your site installed from the standard JIRA Server download.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Suggest an answer