How to implement an internal marketplace for our company?

mliebelt November 13, 2017

We use JIRA and Confluence heavily, and of course the Atlassian marketplace as well. Now we have started to implement plugins on our own, and because those are growing, and new versions are available from here to there, we would like to have a better administration of those plugins than to upload the JAR files for them. We have multiple servers, and therefore a plugin to allow an internal marketplace would be great.

Has anyone any idea how to implement something like that?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

I've seen it done with an add-on, but sadly it was proprietary and internal.  These guys had build servers that dumped built copies of their add-ons into Atrifactory and then they wrote an add-on for Jira that could scan that for new versions of installed add-ons and list all the add-ons in Artifactory that were not installed.  They were more "reports" than an interactive marketplace (no add-on metadata beyond a text file describing what it did and where the Jira project was for help, and they didn't do the compatibility checks marketplace does), but they both included "install" links.

mliebelt May 19, 2018

Thank's for the reply. I think we should take that as starting point. It would go like that:

• Find the REST API to upload a new version.
  • Define the resources to scan (we have already a Nexus repository, so the pre-requsits are there).
  • Provide a small UI:
    • A list of plugins
    • current version installed for each plugin
    • latest release 
    • Upload button (that uses the REST API)

I would like to include this in one of the next sprints, it gets tedious to do those uploads all the time for our 4 servers, and the ~ 5-6 plugins each sprint.

Suggest an answer