How to implement AbstractMultiCFType in jira

Kotayba Walid August 11, 2017

Hello, I'm trying to develop a plugin for jira that will be able to give users a multiselect options, and once the user selects multiple options, those options should be visilbe in the issue view page.

Is it good documentation anywhere because I have only found the Java documentation and it's really lagging, there are no proper examples. 

Thank you for your time.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

Your description is a multi-user-picker field, so I'm not sure what you are looking at code for.  Could you explain more?

Kotayba Walid August 11, 2017

Hey, yes it's a multi user picker field but the problem is that we want to fetch dynamic values from a database, is it possible to find the multi user picker field source code in order to extend it? because right now the multi user picker field works by entering values but we want to fetch values from a db.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

I wouldn't start with a user picker, as you aren't going to be picking "users", just lines from a database.  I'd look at the simple multi-select list.

I'd actually go look at the two "database custom field" add-ons in the marketplace.

Suggest an answer