How to ignore issues that are assigned to a sprint in another project

Julian Idle August 15, 2017

I have three projects: A, B, C. A and C are specific to a product, whereas B is used to collect technical debt. Projects A and C have each a Scrum Board. I have a filter that includes issues from project B in both of projects A and C's scrum boards, i.e. Scrum A+B and Scrum C+B. How can I avoid listing project B's issues in the backlog of either project A or C if the issue is already part of the other project's sprint? So, my goal requires a JQL filter that states that an issue from project B that is already assigned to a sprint from scrum board A|C should not be seen listed in the scrum board C|A. It is not simply whether or not the issue from project B is in a sprint or not, but whether it is in a sprint from the other project. So really, I am looking for a JQL function along the lines of ...AND Sprint is not in ( ListSprintsInProject(Other Project))... , so for project A that would be ...AND Sprint is not in ( ListSprintsInProject(C))...

1 answer

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2017

Hi Julian

I think you may need to be a bit creative to get this working without any add-ons.

I would use labels or components to define whether they show in A or C, so you could have a label of Board A and another label of Board C. Then your Scrum A filter needs to include AND labels = "Board A" and your Scrum C filter includes AND labels = "Board C".

Just by adding the correct label to an issue will ensure that it only appears on one of your boards.

I hope this is clear

Suggest an answer