How to ignore emails based on subject content with JEMH for 1 profile

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2016

I have a JEMH profile using the Nagios field processor in order to create and update Nagios alerts in Jira.

Is it possible to ignore emails based on the content of the email subject? Every Nagios email starts with an ID. I want to ignore every email without an ID. (eg: #1735:1239#)
I can't use the global subject blacklist as this would impact all my jemh profiles.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2016

Hi Charlie,

Hmm.  The primary way to lock in a message for Nagios would be through the sender address.  If there was no match then there would be no handler match?  So long as there was no default project defined, and no project mapping rules fired, then at that point potentially you could use JEMH Profile Groups to chain together other Profiles processing of the message.

If you have a common sender, it will require a new feature to do the blacklisting, please log a feature request smile – https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2016

Hi Andy, Thanks for your quick response!

Asked my nagios colleague. The sender is unique so I'll use "Nagios from: email regexp:" in the processor

Suggest an answer