How to i stop the auto generated/sent email when a workflow transitions.

tony carter June 1, 2015

I need to know how to turn off all auto emails when a workflow transition is made.

The only emails i want the customer to see is when the ticket is open and when it is closed.

I have removed all notifications for now.

Help!!!

thanks

Tony

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
tony carter June 18, 2015

Apparently if you have a JIRA project, then turn on service desk, the JIRA notifications, get ignored and the Service Desk allows all or no notifications.

Had to turn off SD notifications and use the addon "email this issue".

It works perfectly.

0 votes
Josh Excell July 21, 2016

Hey tony ,

Same problem here. I cant disable the " Hello we received your email" and " we have completed your request"  emails. I have all event notifications turn off and still doesn't work. Talked to support and they said those 2 emails are NATIVE  to SD and that its impossible to get rid of just those 2

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2015

Could there be a script running at the transition or modified code? Try creating a new blank notification scheme and assigning it to the project. If that works something is messed up with the default scheme that isn't showing in the UI, but is working.

0 votes
tony carter June 1, 2015

Ive tested a few times - even changed the project back to the default notifications - removed all watchers etc from the default list, checked in notification helper, and still getting all transition emails?

i have a cloud version.

nh1.png

Any more ideas?

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2015

Hello Tony,

Could you kindly try to use the Notification Helper ? Probably you will get some relevant tips about that.

0 votes
tony carter June 1, 2015

i have removed ALL event notifications - they have no notifications - the notification scheme is blank.  But the customers are still getting the transition emails. Any more suggestions?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2015

Notifications are handled in the notification scheme. It is there where you select who is notified for what.

Suggest an answer