How to hide the resolution field ?

Mathieu TRUCHOT February 17, 2015

hi,

According to the Atlassian recommandation, our resolution field is planed to be filled only via Workflow postfunction.

So the field was not added to any screen

But it is still displayed on the issues.

I tried to hide it in the fields configuration, but it crashed all the default reports and widgets that are using this data.

See attachement

How to configure it ? or where is my mistake ?

We have other fields that are not associated to screens, and they do not cause this problem.

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers,

Mathieu

8 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2016

the resolution field appears in the issue details, period. The only way to get rid of it and still have the reports work is go in and modify the source code to not put the field on the detail screen. As you saw, hiding the field breaks things. It seems you have three options, drop the requirement to hide it (easiest), modify, and maintain the modification, the code, or go to another solution besides JIRA.

0 votes
Rasmus Hauch April 27, 2016

Hi, I tried hiding the resolution field on a issue type, and setting the resolution field to "None" in the post function of a workflow as recommended. However when I do that the issue dont appear on a standard search anymore using resolution = Unresolved, and I basically cant set the field to "done" in the workflows. 

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2016

Do they realize if it isn't set to some value every issue will appear in many of the built in searches like 'assigned to me' ?  I've never tried, but have you tried hiding it in the field configuration?  

0 votes
Vamshee Rangu February 17, 2016

I have the same issue. I need to hide it from details section. How can I hide the Resolution field?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2015

The resolution field appears on the issue details screen whether it is on any other screens or not. I still don't understand why you're basically trying to keep the resolution secret. As Jobin said, if you hide it it can't be searched on.

Vamshee Rangu February 17, 2016

Its a project requirement, creating a customized workflow and the stakeholders do not want to use resolution field. So found way to hide the field but it will affet all the projects thats using this field.

Like Alex Janes likes this
0 votes
Mathieu TRUCHOT February 17, 2015

Hi Jobin, hi Joe,

thanks for your answers,

I know that removing from screen and hidding a field are different things,

my question is : the resolution field is not associated to any screen. Why does it still appear on my issues ?

See screenshots atteched,

Many thanks in advance,

Mathieu

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2015

What Jobin said.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

The field needs to be removed from the screen but it should not be hidden. Is there any reason why you are trying to hide it? Removing it from screen and hiding it are two different things.

Once the field is set via workflow, it needs to be visible on the issue and is used by various reports.

Suggest an answer