How to hide some transistions in tab activity of Issue?

SungLB June 3, 2012

1. How to hidden some transistions show on tab activity?

2, You can tell me some table store transistion status of issue?

Please to help me, thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 3, 2012
I would not manipulate the Activity Log. It's a log, so it is natural, that every event is logged.

I would rather think about, why you have to change the status from resolved to resolved ? Sounds strange.

Why don't you use a simple Email Subscription to inform your supervisor ?

Best regards

Thomas

SungLB June 4, 2012

Hi Thomas-S, thank you for support.

>> why you have to change the status from resolved to resolved ? Sounds strange.

I can describe my purpose:

Example: An issue is created and assign to sunglb (status of issue is "open")

If The day after user "sunglb" not change status of issue to "In progress" >> I want to repeat send a "warn Email" to assignee (with this issue is ""sunglb). The same with all issues of all projects on my jira.

How to do that?

Other example: An issue is resolved by assignee (=sunglb). But The day after this issue is not closed by "supervise user". I want to repeat send a "warn Email" to remind "supervise user" to close issue? How to do that?

You can tell me a reasonable method.

Conclusion: I want to use event of issue to send Email to warn user for some purpose.

Thank you very much !

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2012

Hi,

I would do it this way:

- Generate a new Filter showing all the issues that were open yesterday or before and are still open today and are assigned to sunglb:

"status is open and status was open before startOfDay("-1") and assignee = sunglb"

- Save this filter

- Create subscription for this filter as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

Then, sunglb gets a daily mail with all the issues that are not changed to "in progress"

With the closed issues, you can do the same.

So you don't have all these workflow events anymore, just a daily email.

Best regards

Thomas

SungLB June 4, 2012

hi Thomas-S, Thank you for reply.

Each project has about 5-7 assignable and in my JIRA has about 100 projects. The number of project can raise in the future. And the Assignable of each project can change.

So I must create a lot of filter... And I cannot do something.

Not talk about we must Create subscription for each User?

So we can not check The user (assignee of issue) real receive "warn Email"?

I have some ways:

1, If I know the table that stores action of change status issue. I can delete this action by java code (This code uses in event of issue).

Notice: The action changes status of issue is like description in image.

2, Or You can tell me how to fire an event of issue by java code? Then I can auto fire an Event and system will send Email to assignee (That configure in notification scheme)

Or you have other suggestion?

Thank you for help me !

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 4, 2012

You don't have to create hundreds of filters. Just one:

status is open and status was open before startOfDay("-1") and assignee = currentUser()

I would never delete anything directly from the Jira database. You can get in real trouble if you don't know exactly what you're doing...

Suggest an answer