How to hide "Releases" from developer tools in issue view?

tim_jaacks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 18, 2024

I have connected GitHub to Jira via the developer tools and see the following fields in my issues now:

Unbenannt.png

While I find  the "Development" field useful, I don't need the "Releases" field. They are connected, though: "Releases" does not appear separately in the issue layout settings. I have to remove  "Development" in order to also remove "Releases".

Is there a way to hide "Releases" separately, while keeping "Development"?

1 answer

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2024

Hello, Good day. At the moment we can either show or hide the development panel. We don't have option to hide release.

tim_jaacks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

Thanks for the reply. Is there a plan to implement this?

Grégory GIROLD March 14, 2024

Pity that Releases appears even if no deployment tool is configured.
That field take a place for nothing.

Adrian Robert March 26, 2024

I'd also like this field to be treated just like any other where I can configure if it appears in the main Details area or not. Many projects don't need Releases at all so it's just taking space. I notice there are a few other mandatory fields (like Epic in Priority). Same problem there – if we're not using them please open up the standard customizability for them.

Arthur Brzezinski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2024

@tim_jaacks , I've created a Feature Request to implement this functionality in the future.
You can track it here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-26694 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events