How to hide "Deprecated" from the backlog, when Deprecated is defined as Done?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2022

In the "Columns and Statuses" screen I have two statuses in the "Done" column: Done and Deprecated. When I view the backlog, I do not see "Done" but I do see "Deprecated" issues. How do I make these go away?

I am in a "Team-Managed Software" project.

2 answers

0 votes
Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

Just received this answer from support. I can't understand why it wouldn't automatically do this when you add a new status to the "DONE" column. Isn't the intent obvious? 

Using this JQL we validate that the Resolution for these issues is not set to Done, so to fix this you can create a simple automation where issues with DEPRECATED status are set to Done:

1project = IT and status = Deprecated and resolution is EMPTY order by key DESC

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 18.17.01.png

**I used my environment as an example, you just need to adapt to your case.

First, using automation:
You will create automation:

• When the issue moves to DEPRECATED

• Edit Issue field Resolution to Done

I hope I was able to clarify your doubts, I'll be looking forward to hearing from you. 🤝

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2022

I thought it did automatically set the Resolution field for statuses in the Done column.

It actually says it does it you hover over the green checkmark at the top of the Done column.

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 4.09.39 PM.png

Did you ever have the Deprecated status in a different column? If so, that could explain why the Resolution field was not filled in.

But it should be filled in on every issue that you have changed to Deprecated since putting that status into the Done column.

If the issues were already in the Deprecated status when that status was in a different column, and you then remapped that status to the Done column, I could understand it not filling in the Resolution field in that case for the issues already in that status.

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2022

Hello @Scott Beeson 

What Status Category is "Deprecated" part of? What color is it? Is it the same color as the Done status (green) or another color?

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2022

It's green, just like DONE.  Here is the board configuration:

2022-12-02 09_06_13-IT Board - Agile board - Jira and 6 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png2022-12-02 09_07_00-Information Technology - Agile board - Jira and 6 more pages - Work - Microsoft​.png

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2022

So I tried moving them all to the board and then doing "Clear Done". Now I just have 20 deprecated issues on my board; clearing done did not clear deprecated, even though it says "20 done"

2022-12-02 09_12_44-IT Board - Agile board - Jira and 6 more pages - Work - Microsoft​ Edge.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2022

When you look at the Deprecated issues on the board do you see the green checkmark on them?

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 10.52.49 AM.png

Scott Beeson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2022

I do not.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events