How to hide priority field

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

For a specific issue type, there is no priority setting on create issue screen so i I don't want priority field on view issue screen. How to hide priority field on view issue screen?

3 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2013

You'll have to hide it in the field configuration scheme for that issue type.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

It is showing as placeholder on view issue screen after the field was hiddlen. How to fix that?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

Yes.. I made that change and held on indexing.. Thanks for your comment.

Tej March 17, 2017

How to hide it on Agile Board?

2 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

you go to the Screen Scheme which is used by your project and select the screen which is mapped to View Issue operation and remove the Priority from that screen.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

Nope.. Priority is not configured on the view issue screen to remove.

Like Lucas Medeiros likes this
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

yes you're right. I thought it would be possible with screens.

however you can check the following

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/76119/priority-field-on-screen-removed-but-still-visible

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/117030/how-can-i-remove-priority-resolution-labels

which give some idea.

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

some improvement request has submitted with atlassian here, vote up to implement this feature in jira

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-20138

Nate Wiegman March 1, 2019

I would like to hide 'Priority' from all views, as the priority in SCRUM is defined by the order of items in the backlog.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer