How to hide issue description and comments in Jira notification mails?

Johannes Rudolf September 19, 2016

Hello,

this must be the end of the internet as I have scanned the web for days to find a solution. Unfortunately I failed entirely...

For security reasons all email notifications triggered by JIRA shall not contain any comment nor issue description at any time (issue created, description or comment changed/deleted etc.). Until last week we were running JIRA 6.3.15 and there was a workaround and everything was fine. Some template files for certain events  (issuecreated.vm, issuecommented.vm etc.) have been simply modified. However, after the last update (6.3.15 to 7.1.9) it does not work completely. At least not for the (system) field "fix version" which will be displayed in notification mails like this:

{code}

Fix For: $fixfor.getString("name")

{code}

As this was a workaround anyway and there might be some changes in velocity which I might've missed I'd appreciate any hint to hide comments and issue descriptions in general (anything else than being forced to edit dozens of *.vm files would be preferred).

If that is not possible, I'd appreciate any hint on how to display the fix version field correctly in JIRA Notification mails as well. As mentioned before, "Fix Version" is actually a system field and should work perfectly fine.

Many thanks for any help! Let me know if there's some more information required.

Johannes

1 answer

0 votes
Johannes Rudolf September 22, 2016

Not a clue?

Suggest an answer