How to hide comment of the issue from particular set of users?

Vijay Babaurao Sankpal June 25, 2015

Scenario: 

I want to show comments given by developer team to only QA team and don't want to show those comments to the client, can I do that in JIRA cloud.

2 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2015

When adding a comment you can set the visibility to certain groups / roles but you have to do it manually (which I guess is not what you want).

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Commenting+on+an+Issue#CommentingonanIssue-Addingacomment

Sandra Meessen August 20, 2018

But can I hide comments (for 1 specific project) by default for certain groups? The solution mentioned is per issue. 

Like Arun Kumar likes this
0 votes
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2015

Yes, It is possible using Security Schemes for Jira. The documetation is here

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2015

It is about the comment not the issue itself. With issue security you can't hide a comment but only the complete issue.

Like Diogo Teles likes this

Suggest an answer