How to hide certain values in a select list custom field depending on the customer request type in JIRA Service Desk

Denis Boisvert August 1, 2016

I am looking for a way to limit the number of value in a select list custom field depending on the customer request type that a user choose on the JIRA service desk customer portal.

Any suggestions on how I could do this?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2016

By request type do you mean issue type or the value in another field? If the first you can setup a different context for each issue type. If the later, you may be able to do it with a script.

Denis Boisvert August 1, 2016

I mean the Customer request type, it's the forms being used by the user.

Each form are using the same issue type. JJUPIN doesn't work with JIRA Service desk. Could I do it via another kind of script?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2016

I don't do any kind of scripting in the product. I believe there is one that comes with the behaviours plug-in. I would post a question about scripting help.

Suggest an answer