How to hide board sharing options

Sergiu Mihailov January 27, 2014

Hello guys!

Could somebody tell me if it's possible to do changes in Board Sharing: In Manage Boards-> Configure button (one of my boards)->Shares, I have option "Edit Filter Shares". When I press it, I can change Shares

It can be done only by Board owner and it is OK for me.

Could you please advice how can I block drop down menu or to have only one option: Share only to Project (I want to disable options: Everyone and Group)

Probably it can be done in Jira conf file or there are some other options. Just want to hide Everyone and Group. It will help me to be shure that all boards were shared only for project

Many thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2014

No configuration for this. I hacked the .vm file that lists the options (with a #if $option.value == "Everyone" then don't add to the option list type block), but that was in Jira 4.0, and I think it's moved since then. You could search the installation for the .vm that provides the screen.

Sergiu Mihailov January 30, 2014

Thank you Nic! Actually we use Jira 6 version. I will try to find where this conf file is. If changes helped you in Jira 4 then it can be a solution for Jira 6

Suggest an answer