I am about to upgrade jira 4.4 to jira 6.1 and the last problem i have is that i cannot hide 'assign to me' link under the assignee in people window. I am not talking about buttons - there are easly removable by simple disable plugin module.
Is there any way to hide/disable it? I need to have enabled 'assignable user' and 'assing issue' permission.
Atlassian support cannot provide me solution to this problem.
How to hide 'assing to me link':
1. backup original file atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip
1. copy atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip to temporary directory
2. extract atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip
3. extract jira-view-issue-plugin-x.x.x.jar (where x.x.x is version of your jira - in this case it is jira-view-issue-plugin-6.1.4.jar).
4. edit viewissue\peopleblock.vm
5. change line (line #9 in 6.1.4):
6. save changes made in step 5
7. build jira-view-issue-plugin-x.x.x.jar (where x.x.x is version of your jira - in this case it is jira-view-issue-plugin-6.1.4.jar)
8. build atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip
9. copy changed atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip to atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/ (overwrite original zip)
10. stop jira
11. remove directory jirahome/plugins/.bundled-plugins
12. remove directory jirahome/plugins/.osgi-plugins
13. remove tomcat work/Catalina
14. start jira
If something goes wrong u can always use original zip from step 1.
Regarding on this issue, there is already an improvement request being raised in here:
Feel free to vote on it and add yourself as watcher in order to increase its popularity and also to receive any latest feedback from the user and updates from the developer regarding on this ticket.
In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to have–in order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs