How to hide 'assing to me' link in jira 6.1.4

P. Kupka-Trojak February 3, 2014

I am about to upgrade jira 4.4 to jira 6.1 and the last problem i have is that i cannot hide 'assign to me' link under the assignee in people window. I am not talking about buttons - there are easly removable by simple disable plugin module.

Is there any way to hide/disable it? I need to have enabled 'assignable user' and 'assing issue' permission.

Atlassian support cannot provide me solution to this problem.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
P. Kupka-Trojak February 18, 2014

How to hide 'assing to me link':

1. backup original file atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip

1. copy atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip to temporary directory

2. extract atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip

3. extract jira-view-issue-plugin-x.x.x.jar (where x.x.x is version of your jira - in this case it is jira-view-issue-plugin-6.1.4.jar).

4. edit viewissue\peopleblock.vm

5. change line (line #9 in 6.1.4):

#if ($showAssignToMe)

to

#if (1==0)

6. save changes made in step 5

7. build jira-view-issue-plugin-x.x.x.jar (where x.x.x is version of your jira - in this case it is jira-view-issue-plugin-6.1.4.jar)

8. build atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip

9. copy changed atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip to atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/ (overwrite original zip)

10. stop jira

11. remove directory jirahome/plugins/.bundled-plugins

12. remove directory jirahome/plugins/.osgi-plugins

13. remove tomcat work/Catalina

14. start jira

If something goes wrong u can always use original zip from step 1.

0 votes
P. Kupka-Trojak February 3, 2014

This https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-24687 is about a hiding a button. I am talking about the link. Button is easly removable - you need to disable module (as it is desribed in this issue by Matt Doar (ServiceRocket) added a comment - 11/Jan/12 11:23 PM)

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2014

Hi there

Regarding on this issue, there is already an improvement request being raised in here:

Feel free to vote on it and add yourself as watcher in order to increase its popularity and also to receive any latest feedback from the user and updates from the developer regarding on this ticket.

Suggest an answer