How to hide 'assing to me' link in jira 6.1.4

I am about to upgrade jira 4.4 to jira 6.1 and the last problem i have is that i cannot hide 'assign to me' link under the assignee in people window. I am not talking about buttons - there are easly removable by simple disable plugin module.

Is there any way to hide/disable it? I need to have enabled 'assignable user' and 'assing issue' permission.

Atlassian support cannot provide me solution to this problem.

3 answers

1 accepted

How to hide 'assing to me link':

1. backup original file atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip

1. copy atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip to temporary directory

2. extract atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip

3. extract jira-view-issue-plugin-x.x.x.jar (where x.x.x is version of your jira - in this case it is jira-view-issue-plugin-6.1.4.jar).

4. edit viewissue\peopleblock.vm

5. change line (line #9 in 6.1.4):

#if ($showAssignToMe)

to

#if (1==0)

6. save changes made in step 5

7. build jira-view-issue-plugin-x.x.x.jar (where x.x.x is version of your jira - in this case it is jira-view-issue-plugin-6.1.4.jar)

8. build atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip

9. copy changed atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip to atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/ (overwrite original zip)

10. stop jira

11. remove directory jirahome/plugins/.bundled-plugins

12. remove directory jirahome/plugins/.osgi-plugins

13. remove tomcat work/Catalina

14. start jira

If something goes wrong u can always use original zip from step 1.

0 vote
Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team Feb 03, 2014

Hi there

Regarding on this issue, there is already an improvement request being raised in here:

Feel free to vote on it and add yourself as watcher in order to increase its popularity and also to receive any latest feedback from the user and updates from the developer regarding on this ticket.

This https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-24687 is about a hiding a button. I am talking about the link. Button is easly removable - you need to disable module (as it is desribed in this issue by Matt Doar (ServiceRocket) added a comment - 11/Jan/12 11:23 PM)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

614 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you