How to hide a field not in custom field, field configuration and screen configuration?

Ran Tian August 5, 2014

We have this field "Work Description" in user story and test. Since we already have description, we want to remove it. The problem is, I cannot find this field in custom field, field configuration and screen configuration. I tried to look for this field in "Where is my field" helper to see why it is there or why it is not in other issues. This field is not in the drop box either.

I created an issue and filed something in this field. I can't find this field in issue view.

So is there anyway to hide or make this field invsiable?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2014

Could this "work description" be coming from the work logs?

Ran Tian August 6, 2014

Thank you for the answer, but I tried to remove work log from screen, the work description is still there.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2014

Hmm. This isn't behvaing like a standard field. Could you give us a screenshot of it? (The whole issue screen, not just the area around the field)

Ran Tian August 7, 2014

Hi, I think I found the problem, I'm fixing it. If it works, I will tell you what happens. And you are right, this field comes from work logs. But I don't know why it won't work when I hide it using screen.

Ran Tian August 11, 2014

So if you put both time tracking and log work in the field, the work description will be collapsed in to log work check box.

Suggest an answer