How to hide JIRA's default timestamps from issue view?

Andris Bērziņš
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

There are a few date values that JIRA seems to automatically add to issues: created, updated, resolved, probably some others.

I'd like to hide one of them (resolved), since we have a corresponding custom field for that and we wish to deal with it ourselves. What would be the correct way to hide it from issues (it doesn't seem to be affected by screens)? I tried looking at JIRA plugins, but the whole dates panel seems to be a module for a larger plugin.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2012

Use some javascripts in the announment banner and hide it. Similar one https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/57653/is-it-possible-to-active-voting-for-only-one-project

Identify the id of the field and remove the if condition in that script.

Andris Bērziņš
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2012

Thanks. I had already figured I could do that, I just hoped there was some better way :)

1 vote
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2012

Currently, I don't think is possible. To hide the timestamps, I guess it will involved source code configuration level to perform this move, since it will affect the original template of the JIRA issue viewing page.

Suggest an answer