How to hide Backlog from Kanban?

Canal OFF Admin August 7, 2017

Hi guys!

I want to hide backlogs from Kanban. But if I remove it from a column, it dissapears from the "Backlog" area.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Oh, I'm afraid that's not doable natively. You would need to use a plugin like ScriptRunner for that, which counts with measures for checking issues meeting certain conditions for their escalation.

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2017

Go to your board configuration > Columns and map at least one workflow status to the Backlog column.

Ensure all workflow statuses are mapped to a column in order to prevent issues from disappearing on reaching an unmapped status.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2017

If you don't want to use the backlog, unmap all statuses from the Backlog column. In that case, you will likely want to map those statuses to a column of your kanban board.

I get the issue now. But when I'm changinh the backlog task to a sprint, it's maintaining the backlog status. How do you usually change that? Create a rule? Thanks!

Actually what I need is when I mova a backlog item to a srpint, I want it to change to another status. Sorry for the confusion. :-)

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2017

Can you elaborate? Do you not want a Kanplan view? https://www.atlassian.com/blog/jira-software/kanban-backlog-jira-software

Suggest an answer