It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to have your subtask estimates included in the original parent task?

I have a parent task that has been estimated at 1 hour.  

I have 3 subtask within the parent:

Subtask 1 = 1 hour

Subtask 2 = 3 hour

Subtask 3 = 1 hour

When I look at the original parent task, my estimate only shows 1 hour when it should show the 1 hour + 3 subtask at 5 hours. Overall my parent task estimate does not reflect this as it only shows the parent task estimate. 

How do I make the subtask estimates roll up into the parent task so I see a total of estimated hours for the task in full. I need to be able to see this as PM. 

Thank you, 

1 answer

0 votes

There is a "time loggin" panel in the issue view that shows you all the time logged.  It has a tick-box for swapping between "this issue" and "this issue and its sub-tasks".

The panel only appears if the task or sub-tasks have time data on them.  My Jira (8.4) does the below.  I've got a story with no time-tracking at all, but a sub-task with 44 minutes logged.

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 23.55.02.png

Hello, 

Thank you for the replay.

When I click the issue and go down to the time logged section, my interface is different from your example image. I have no drop down feature that showcases additional options. I have attached image for reference below: 

There's no image attached, but I can say it will look different if you are on Cloud, and even more different if you are using a Next-gen project rather than Classic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you