How to have different end dates for sprints under two boards?

Parallel Sprints is activated. We have 2 boards and run separate sprints on each board. When I change the name and end date of Sprint 1 on Board A, Sprint 1 on Board B copies the change. Any assistance on how I could treat each Sprint from each board separately? Thanks! I'm new with this software.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

It doesn't "copy" the change, it shows it.  When you enable parallel sprints (and in some other cases), the boards will show you the sprints going on.  When you change sprint 1, both boards show the new data.

Thanks Nic. Is there a way to run parallel sprints while making Sprint 1 on Board A named and dated differently than Sprint 1 on Board B? I would like to give Sprint 1 on Board A an earlier end date than Sprint 1 on Board B. Is that possible? If so, how? Thanks again.

Again, it is not a copy.  There is only one sprint 1.  

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,296 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot