How to have an exception for a particular issue type in a jira workflow step??

Eric Blair November 15, 2011

I have created a workflow. At a certain step I would like to have that step do one thing if it's a certain issue type and something else if it's all the other issue types. For example:

If my issue types are Task, Defect, and Suggestion.

If my workflow goes like this: Open-->In Progress-->Review-->Release-->Close

In the In Progress step of the workflow I'd like to be able to skip the Review step if the issue type is a Defect, and go stright to Release stage.

Is this possble? Any ideas appreciated.

Thank you!

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2011

In the workflow you should have 2 transitions from 'In Progress' step. One that goes to 'Release' step and another that goes to 'Review' step.

Each of them should have a Value condition where in the first case condition will be issuetype = Defect and in the second case issuetype != Defect.

The Value condition is available in JIRA Suit Utilities plugin : https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowConditions-ValueFieldCondition

Suggest an answer