How to handle shortfalls?

M October 16, 2013

Hi all,

I have a situation where all of my team are expected to work 7.5 hours/day so we have a Workload scheme, which works fine. I can see on the team report when people haven't met this as it highlights it in red.

However, on occasions someone might not work a full 7.5 hours, for example, if they’ve had to take their car to the garage etc. I expect them to make that time up later so on another day I would see their time above the 7.5 hours.

I’d like to turn the scheduler on to remind people to do their timesheets but will the above mean people who have agreed “shortfall” will receive the emails? If so is there a way of handling this situation?

Regards,

Mj

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

Hi Mj,

the Scheduler looks at the sum of hours during the period. So if you f.x. send weekly reminders, the Scheduler looks at the hours required for this week and the sum of hours logged for this week. If this levels out, no late reminder is send. In case a user loggs less than required hours in one week and works longer in the next, he will receive the late reminder. We do have an open issue about this problem that you can watch and comment on (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTMPO-567 ).

Best regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Suggest an answer