How to handle duplicate bugs

Jerome November 19, 2012

What is the best way to resolve duplicate bugs? I can link bug_1 as a duplicate of bug_2, but when I resolve bug _2, it doesn't seem to resolve bug_1 for me.

Is there a different why to link 2 bugs so resolving one bug will resolve the other bug.

thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MinC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

This is still filed under improvement request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-2735

Once you created a link for bug_1 as a duplicate of bug_2, you need to resolve bug_1 immediately. That is the only approach for the scenario else you can give it a try with Minyaa Workflow, as suggested in the issue.

2 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

The common approach is to link the duplicate and close it straight away marking it as duplicate. Users can follow the original bug that has been linked.

Suggest an answer