How to group issues by field with JIRA Xporter Plugin?

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Hi,

I am trying out the JIRA Xporter plugin to create custom made Release Notes. I have tried to tweak the velocity template controlling the built in Release Note report but haven't been able to solve this specific requirement this way. Therefore I am looking into this plugin instead, which looks promising.

The issue:

I need to group issues in a specific release (i.e. a specific FixVersion) by a custom field called "Developement Team" I want the report to show all issues per team rather than Issue Type (which the built-in Release Note report does)

What I think I have to do is to get all possible values from this custom field and loop over this list when I print out the issues in the report.

Is this possible to do with the scriping support that comes with the plugin?

Kind regards,

// Svante

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Xpand IT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

Hi Svante,

I guess you could add the custom field "Development Team", create a filter for the release, order by the "Development Team" fields and then bulk export the issues to a document.

What we cannot do know, is to have different sections (ex: tables) for each "Development Team", but that is planned for the next versions.

If you want to discuss more specifically your requirements, mail us at jiraxporter@xpand-it.com

Best Regards

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2013

Great, thnx for your answer! I will sort the filter for the time being and looking forward to the next version! Great plugin!

// Svante

0 votes
Doug Swartz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2014

Svante,

It would be somewhat ugly because you would have to list each team in the template, but I think you could achieve the effect you want by a variation of wht the documentation calls Static Sections with Filters. http://jiraxporter.xpand-it.com/display/JIRAXPORTER/Working+with+Advanced+Templates#WorkingwithAdvancedTemplates-StaticSectionswithFilters

Doug

Suggest an answer