How to grant view-only access to public for a project?

Jacqueline Smith May 24, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to create a  project dashboard that we can project outside of JIRA.  So for this, I have changed the permission settings for the dashboard and its associated filters to "Public".  In addition,  I have added the "Anyone" group to the Browse Projects permission group and Zephyr - Browse Test Cycle.  The Jira Issues do appear as expected, however,  the Zephyr gadget information does not and instead produces the message: "Not able to validate the logged in user."  What step am I missing for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Arun Ravindran June 5, 2017

Hi Jacqueline

Thanks for your interest in Zephyr.I understand you are currently on discussion of this issue with our Zephyr SUpport ticketing system via the ticket #21655

Please continue your communication via that ticket to get it resolved.The last update from our engineer was the following

Hello Jacquie,

Could you please let me know if you have enabled the permissions from Zephyr General config page.

On plugin installation, Zephyr creates project role named "Zephyr QA" and user group named "zephyr-testers".

• Zephyr QA enables to control Zephyr permissions.
  • zephyr-testers are assigned as default members of Zephyr QA
  • All users are added to zephyr-testers group.

If you have enabled the permissions, please make sure to add the group/user to the project role.

Thanks

Zephyr

Suggest an answer