How to grant permission to export JIRA ticket?

Laura Alter June 26, 2013

I have a user who gets a Permission Violation error when they try to export a JIRA ticket. Is this functionality tied to a specific permission? I cannot locate it.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2013

What do you mean by "export"? There's several ways to get the data out, but we're a bit stuck until you tell us which method of export you're trying here.

Sorry - upper right corner of a ticket. Above the "People" section. I don't see how to add an image that is not hosted, or I would provide a screenshot. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2013

Yes, there's a drop-down with several ways to view an issue there - none are "export" and all are available to anyone who can see the issue. So I'm a bit lost?

There's a dropdown in the upper right corner inside the ticket that allows you to export XML, PDF or Word. When this user chooses a selection in that dropdown, he gets a permission violation.

This is the export button:

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2013

My apologies, I completely forgot that "view" has been renamed to "export" in a more recent Jira. Same menu.

I don't know where that permission violation comes from, as in the Jiras I've got access to, if you can see the issue, you can use the options on that drop-down. Even anonymous access can use them. Could you confirm it's the same for all three types of export (XML, word and printable)?

I think you need to look at your logs to see if the error is reflected there.

How do I find the error log in OnDemand? An admin search and quick Google search doesn't turn it up.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2013

OnDemand - oh. You can't get the logs, you need to talk to OnDemand support.

However, OnDemand really shouldn't be getting problems like this. Could you tell us exactly what the error message is? The text that the user sees?

Sure - this is the error:

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2013

Ok, that's definitely internal to Jira, but I'm not sure why you are seeing it. If a user can see the issue, then they should be able to export them.

I'd contact Atlassian OnDemand support for this one.

Thanks for your help!! I opened a ticket. :)

Suggest an answer