How to grant/deny access on a Request Type to users/groups?

Hi,

I've configured a Service Desk portal with different issue type. So far so good. However, I'm looking for a solution to restrict access at a particular "Request type" to a particular user group. e.g. in my organisation, only a manager can request an access for an employee. I have then a request type "Access" that I want only accessible to a group "Managers".

Is there any way to achieve this?

Many thx for your help,

Nicolas

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Nicolas,

There's a feature request for it, as you can see on JSD-1050. You can vote and comment on it in order to increase its visibility. Please take a note of the Implementation of New Features Policy in order to understand how developers team handles feature requests.

As a workaround, I recommend you to split these request types on different projects, so you can restrict the access.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

754 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you