How to give the user access only for browsing time sheet reports?

Marcin Cudzik October 28, 2013

Hi,

In Jira OnDemand I cannot find a way to give the user access for browsing time sheet reports. The problem is complicated:

- the user must see only time sheets (i care about number of hours only) without access to whole projects.

- some of issues have security restriction, is it possible to see them in such time sheet report?

Thanks in advance for help.

Marcin

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2013

Marcin,

I haven't tested this but my suggestion would be to:

1. Create a new group called timesheet-auditors
2. Add the group to Global Permissions > JIRA Users (so they can log into Jira)
3. Add the group to timesheet configuration so they can browse them
4. Add a user to that group and remove him from all the rest, including the 'users' group.

My guess is that if an issue has a security restriction then it won't be visible unless you have those permissions and so will the reports.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck :)

Marcin Cudzik November 3, 2013

So its like I suspected. Thanks for answer!

Neelima Paturu May 12, 2014

Hi,

Some of my team members are not able to see their time sheets. All of them are part of Users & Developers group and apart from that i have added them for one more group to track them as a team.

One team is getting their time sheet, but the other team having the same roles are not getting thier time sheets

Thanks

Neelima

Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

Hi Neelima,

please create an issue in our Tempo Timesheets project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT) about this so we can better investigate this problem. We would also need the versions of JIRA and Tempo you are using, screenshots might be helpful

Kind regards,

Susanne

0 votes
Alex Flores January 21, 2021

Ya, what gives here. This seems like a no brainer. Is there any way to do this?

0 votes
Anil Kumar September 7, 2018

Any update on feature -

• Restrict access to the plugin to certain users / group/roles

Suggest an answer