How to get work log to show up on comment tab?

C L-S November 30, 2012

Hi All -

We put most of our comments into the work log. We'd like these to ALSO show up on the standard comment tab/log for two reasons... for our normal issues, it's nice to see all of the comments in one place. For our Greenhopper Wallboard issues... we don't see the worklog on the quick preview tab on the right side of the screen - only standard comments.

Is there a way to integrate these?

Thanks!

7 answers

2 votes
Deleted user August 27, 2014

The default active tab on issues is "Comments". And almost 99% of JIRA users only look at comments unless you want to go check something specific. When an issue is assigned to user A and is in progress, and that user log his work with a description of "need credentials" ie and assign it to user B, this user will open the issue and won't see that comment! (unless he clicks on the work log!) it is very frustrating.

1 vote
MoData Admin June 24, 2015

I suppose this functionality still does not exist?

1 vote
rwb43 October 20, 2014

I would love for this functionality to be added.

1 vote
ecomus December 8, 2013

I don't know how to do this but would like to register my vote for this functionality.

0 votes
Alex September 7, 2018

There is a plugin "copy_work_description_to_comment". Whenever you "Log work" with the comment it duplicate that comment to the Comments tab. Its free if I remember correctly

David S September 13, 2018

Yeah, but can strange third party plugins really be trusted? We need to be highly confident of quality code before installing solutions that may contain back doors, viruses, bitcoin mining code, or stealing sensitive data.

0 votes
NASA ASUS January 4, 2016

I'm still terribly confused as to why WorkLog Comments, aren't in the Comments section.

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hey,

I'm afraid that's not possible within JIRA as far as I know. However, let's see if there are any other users who can give us input on this inquiry.

Suggest an answer