How to get work log to show up on comment tab?

Hi All -

We put most of our comments into the work log. We'd like these to ALSO show up on the standard comment tab/log for two reasons... for our normal issues, it's nice to see all of the comments in one place. For our Greenhopper Wallboard issues... we don't see the worklog on the quick preview tab on the right side of the screen - only standard comments.

Is there a way to integrate these?

Thanks!

6 answers

The default active tab on issues is "Comments". And almost 99% of JIRA users only look at comments unless you want to go check something specific. When an issue is assigned to user A and is in progress, and that user log his work with a description of "need credentials" ie and assign it to user B, this user will open the issue and won't see that comment! (unless he clicks on the work log!) it is very frustrating.

I don't know how to do this but would like to register my vote for this functionality.

I suppose this functionality still does not exist?

Hey,

I'm afraid that's not possible within JIRA as far as I know. However, let's see if there are any other users who can give us input on this inquiry.

I would love for this functionality to be added.

I'm still terribly confused as to why WorkLog Comments, aren't in the Comments section.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,307 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot