How to get user profile of Google Apps accounts into JIRA OnDemand?

Arnold Chang January 30, 2013

In my org every Google Apps acocunt has information about the name of his or her manager and their location and etc.

How could we get this kind of information into JIRA OnDemand so that we could have system automatically pull the name of manager into some field as approver for some issue type at specific step of a specific work flow?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruno Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2013

Arnold, I don't think this is possible to achieve on JIRA OnDemand, because there isn't a way to create 'custom fields' for a user profile in order to populate with those infos and there is no way to automatically pull them from Google. Moreover, JIRA won't be able to pull the name of the manager (even if we could create and populate this field within a user profile), because it works only with custom fields for issues and not for user profiles.

I'm not sure, but maybe this could be achieved using JIRA Standalone. Seeing that you're seeking an advanced type of customization.

Cheers,

0 votes
Arnold Chang January 31, 2013

Bruno,

Understood. But do you or Atlassian Labs team have any plan to enhance User Management, for Google Apps in particular, in the future?Is yes, could you share the potential timeline with me?

Thanks,

Arnold

Suggest an answer