It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to get to know if new jira ticket is received. After received have to fetch ticket description. Edited

Hi,

When new jira ticket arrived in my jira account i have to fetch the description for automating some tool. Please help me.

Thanks,

Lakshmi

1 answer

0 votes
DPK J Community Leader Sep 08, 2019

You have two ways to do this,

1. Polling
    • You can poll issue search api for recently updated issues and evaluate them.
    • You just need to keep timestamp of last poll, and tally of updates.
  2. Webhook

If you were using Java and Atlassian Plugin Development SDK, Jira provide events and listeners for plugins.

DPK J Community Leader Sep 10, 2019

@Annapurnalet me explain polling solution,

1. Jira issue have 'created' field which hold timestamp when issue was created.
  2. This field is accessable using JQL query,
  3. So using this field you can ask JIRA for issues created after specific date/time.

Now you can write a program that store time and ask Jira for new issue after fixed interval (like 15m or 30m or 1 day).

You can also add script to CRON, and store last fetch timestamp in some file.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

230 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you