How to get the version summary from planning board in the rapid board ?

Christoph June 13, 2016

In the good old classic planing board you could easliy filter all issues of type=bug for a particular version.
These issues are listed in the planning board.
Plus on the right side was the nice list of all available versions and when you select a particular version you could "toggle the visibility" and when switched to the full view it shows some statistics.
Especially the number of "bugs (just filtered)", number of issues in progress / open / resolved / closed.
And even more interesting - the total amount of the estimated times for all these selected issues, the amount of used time and the amount of remaining time. Plus sum of storypoints.

Well - all these really nice summaries / statistics are not available in the Rapid board. Neither in the reports.

I (and all my scrum masters / product managers) really liked these summaries and now we wonder how to get them in Jira 7 ?????

Or didn't we look hard enough ? Any help is most welcome.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2016

I won't give you a constructive answer but I'm afraid you won't get summaries like that, without creating bunch of Quick Filters. You can use dashboards or maybe some reports - which will still require filters.

The good news is that we've created a plugin which Agile Board Filter which adds filtering on Rapid Boards including backlog. You can filter the board dynamically and get the stats from the column counters. 

board filtering.png

Christoph June 14, 2016

Great work Prem - thanks for pointing me to your plugin.
I was afraid to hear that these goodies were in fact not available in JIRA 7 / Rapidboard any more.
So yeap I think I'll give your plugin a test ride soon.
Thanks again - Christoph

Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2016

sure in case of any questions or feature requests please let me know

Suggest an answer