How to get the time spent on a set requests which belongs to particular label during a span of time?

sai_kiran January 2, 2020

for example, I have a set of 100 requests where efforts were over 10 days of time. So now I need to the total efforts spent on these 100 requests for the first 2 days and should eliminate the rest of the efforts spent on the other 8 days.

2 answers

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

You can do this with our "WorklogPRO" app. It allows you to specify a JQL for issues and start/end times of timesheet period. It will give you total time spent and day by day totals. You can also group by different criteria. 

0 votes
Andrej Freeze _ greenique
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2020

You have two ways of accomplishing this with different, let's call it ergonomic aspects to it.

Using Excel 

The first would be without paying for any apps, by creating a search query for your 100 requests. You can then export them to a csv and within excel try to find all worklog entries for the given time span of two days.

→ This gives you your results, but takes quite some time and is relatively error prone. Maybe you can speed things up by creating a macro

Using an App

You can install Timesheet Reports and Gadgets with a trial License to test it out. This will give you a sum for the work logged. You can also assign permissions on who can create reports and its really great, yet a little confusing at the beginning.

→ Quick and nice, but not free. In my opinion fully worth it

I hope this was of help, cheers

Andrej from greenique

Suggest an answer