How to get the time between the workflow transitions in Cloud jira

Kedar Pepakayala August 1, 2017

How to get the time between the workflow transitions in Cloud jira

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

From the issue View screen, there should be a tab in the Activity section of the issue (near the bottom of the page) called Transitions. This tab gives you a summary of all of the transitions that have ever happened on that issue.

17119280-b1e7-4124-9dfb-09ac95308b31

If you need further details, you can also click the History tab to see when field values have changes, transitions, etc.

it is cloud environment iam not able to get the transitions button available what i have to do . i want transition time in history also i cant able to find the Transition timeces issue.png

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2017

Each line item (i.e. transition) includes this information. In the screenshot I already attached, you can see the text, "tester made transition - 22 minutes ago." If you hover over the 22 minutes ago text with your cursor, a date/time stamp should appear shortly after that.

I'm not sure why you are unable to view the Transitions tab. You should be able to see it if you have the ability to view the issue. That said, you may have the new JIRA user interface, which hasn't rolled out to everyone yet. I don't have the new user interface, so I'm not sure what this section looks like.

i need particular time between the transitions it is not Server it is cloud i know in the server 

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

Just saw your attached screenshot.

Looks like this might actually be functionality from an add-on. See here for details on that. My mistake.

Regardless, the information in the History tab you have open should give you most of the same information, it's just a little harder to find than if you have the Transitions tab.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

If you want the time between transitions without a scripted field to calculate that, you would need to find the timestamps between the last two transitions in the History tab, then find the difference between them.

jira suite plugin is only for server i want for cloud environment

how to create this time stamps

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2017

Those timestamps are located in the History tab. For example, if you hover over the "12 minutes ago" in the change history, you should see a date/timestamp appear shortly.

A weird thing - I have a Cloud instance, but do not have that JIRA Suite Utilities add-on, but I still see the Transitions tab. Sorry, I'm a little new Cloud and used to Server.

Are you admin for your JIRA Cloud? My guess at this point is that there is a module or system add-on that's disabled that won't let you see this tab.

Or, maybe it's because of your permissions. Are you able to transition issues? Do you have read-only access to the workflow for that issue?

Kedar Pepakayala August 2, 2017

i need to see transition time in cloud version like how iam seeing time in server version is there any add on to know the time between the transitions in cloud environment  i cant able to find the Transition button in the Activity like History,comment...

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

I'm a global (system) Jira admin on our cloud instance (still the old UI) and we don't have the Transition tab either. I just did a Google search and that tab comes from Jira Suite Utilities

Kedar Pepakayala August 2, 2017

But the jira suite utilities is only for server side it is not supporting to the cloud i want cloud version plugin

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Hi Kedar

I know you have the cloud version, that info was more for Alex than you

Suggest an answer