How to get the mapping of Jira attachments and Issue Attaching File Link(custom field)

oshadislt October 3, 2017

Hi,

[Background]

I have added the custom field "Issue Attaching File Link" to categorize and differentiate the already attached documents in Jira.

This custom field description says something like this: "This field allows you to select issue attachments and store references to them in a field"

This field allows to select specific files from the files that are already attached. 

[Question]

How can I find the link between what is returned from REST API for these two sections?

Rest API for get issue returns something like this(http://jiratest/rest/agile/1.0/issue/EVAJ4S-1639),

REST API result For custom field:

• customfield_13549: [
    • "com.atlassian.jira.issue.attachment.Attachment@fffffff9"
    ],

REST API result For attachments:

{

},

Best Regards,

Awantha

2 answers

0 votes
Melvin Corbes May 3, 2023

On the service rocket JIRA cloud for Salesforce, they were able to map that, but with the API available I could not map the Id from  rest/api/3/issue/{issueKey}/comment to /rest/api/3/attachment/{id}

Hope someone could answer this.

Chun Wye Ng -ServiceRocket- May 8, 2023

Hi @Melvin Corbes

Good day, and this is Danny from ServiceRocket.

Appreciate it for testing our Connector. A kind note that although "Attachments" can be added into our Mapping Configurations, it is unsupported as referenced in our Field Type Compatibility Matrix here. Attachments are enabled via a different Connections Settings to Synchronize Attachments.

The Mapping Configurations are primarily for the synchronization of data between Jira and Salesforce. As for @oshadislt's use-case, it appears to be pointing to the ability to map Jira Attachment to the Jira Custom field, which may not be related to our Connector but instead the configuration at the Jira end.

It would be great if @oshadislt is able to expand your use-case, to further understand how the Attachment custom field is created, in order to link it to the Jira Attachment. From some research, it looks like a custom field to reference Attachments is unavailable at the moment.

If you have any further questions regarding your our product, feel free to reach out to us via our Support Portal or Drift chat

Thanks & Best Regards,
Danny
ServiceRocket Apps Support

0 votes
Christian Exner December 13, 2017

Hi @oshadislt,

how did you solve this? I'm currently struggeling at the exact same issue.

Kind regards,

Christian

Suggest an answer