How to get the jira issue key while importing?

Petya Tsvetanova Petrova February 25, 2013

Hi,

I need to get the new issue key right after it is created. How can I do that?

Cheers,

Petya

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petya Tsvetanova Petrova February 28, 2013

Here is what I did:

I created my new class that inserts the needed data in the help database. Then I called from DefaultJiraDataImporter.

Index: DefaultJiraDataImporter.java
===================================================================
--- DefaultJiraDataImporter.java	(revision 427)
+++ DefaultJiraDataImporter.java	(working copy)

;
@@ -714,6 +717,13 @@

try {
 					if (createIssue(externalProject, externalIssue, assignees) != null) {
+                        // We need to patch here to update the redirection table.
+                        try {
+                            InsertData.InsertDataForLinksRedirection(externalIdToIssueKey.get(oldId), oldId);
+                        } catch (final SQLException e) {
+                            throw new SQLRuntimeException(e);
+                        }
+                        // end.
                         stats.incrementCreated();
                     }
 				} catch (final ExternalException e) {

0 votes
Petya Tsvetanova Petrova February 28, 2013

Here is what I did:

I created my new class that inserts the needed data in the help database. Then I called from DefaultJiraDataImporter.

0 votes
Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2013

So you could actually run a search afterwards and get the External System ID and Issue Key, that would allow you to match them. No need to do that in the importer itself.

Petya Tsvetanova Petrova February 26, 2013

Do you mean to search in the database? If yes, it won't work because we have a few JIRA instances. That is why we need the links to be stored during the import. So, is there a way to get the issue key and/or issue link?

Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

No it the database directly, just to use Issue Navigator. I believe there's no other option currently.

Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

In case of projects (and others, except issues unfortunately) there's actually a callback that your plugin can implement - there's ImportDataBean.getCallbacks and there are several callbacks you can implement. There's afterProjectCreated callback as well.

I'm going to add afterIssueCreated callback, it will be released in JIRA 6.0

Petya Tsvetanova Petrova February 26, 2013

What about the project key?

0 votes

Actually, I need the URL of each issue. I want to do a redirection from Savannah to JIRA. For that purpose I have to store somewhere the two URLs. I have already the external URL, but I don't know how to get the new one.

0 votes
Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2013

Where do you want to get it? What do you want to use it for?

0 votes
Pawel Niewiadomski
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2013

Where do you want to get it? What do you want to use it for?

0 votes

I develop a Savannah importer plugin as a part of your JIM plugin. What I need to do is to insert into a table the old and the new issue key. Then I want to create an automatic redirection on the Savannah site to the migrated issue in JIRA.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2013

Huh? What are you doing and what are you planing to do?

Suggest an answer