How to get the current actual change value in the form field

bill ou June 25, 2013

Dear all,

During using the JIRA Behaviours Plugin, I found that in the validation script panel of relevant field, we set 'getFieldById(getFieldChanged()).getValue()', it can get the latest actual changed value of related field. (e.g., in the 'AField' related validation script panel, I set this mentioned code, when I change this field's value, it can get its latest real time changed value), but I don't know that, at the same panel, how to get another field real time changed value, e.g. 'BField', if uses 'getFieldByName("BField").getValue()', it seems just can get the initial value of the jira form loading, and can't real time get the lastest changed value. So that cause one case, when I set a validation case as "if 'AField' is input 'AA', 'BField' is mandatory, it will occur the unexpected case as:

if I real time change 'AField' value from 'AA' to 'BB' , when move the cursor to focus on 'BField', it still show '*' to indicate it as required input.

Could everyone know how to handle it or how to get the real time update value of the field that does not map to current seeting code panel? Thanks in advanced.

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2013

getFieldByName("BField").getValue()'

This will work fine, but if this is in the server-side code for the AField, it will give you the BField value at the time that the AField changes (not the initial value).

If you want to get the BField value when the BFIeld changes you have to add a script for the BField.

Suggest an answer