How to get the Summary of the Issue Using JQuery or JavaScript?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2017

If I use the below code i am able to get the Issue Key, but i need to fetch the summary of the issue in js.

issueKey = JIRA.Issue.getIssueKey();// For Getting Issue Key  

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2017

Try this, it will work

function getSummary() {
var key = this.JIRA.Issue.getIssueKey(); 
var summary;
     AJS.$.ajax({
        url: "/rest/api/2/issue/" + key,
        type: 'get',
        dataType: 'json',
        async: false,
        success: function(data) {
            summary = data.fields.summary;
        }
     });

return summary;
};

getSummary();

I am sure there is an easier way, but this surely works

Happy weekend!

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2017

I have already used this api to get the summary, but i thought there is some easy way to get it. Anyway's thanks for your reply.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

Not tried getSummary() yet?

ARUN KUMAR MK
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2017

Tried and not working, it not present in JIRA.Issue

Suggest an answer