Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to get status of each changelog event

Edited

Hi guys!

I`m using search from jql method, to receive json with a changelog and names(via python). But the status field is not tied to the history, but is located in the task fields. That is, getting the history of one task, which had 10 changes and it was closed, and unloading it into some database, I will get a table with 10 identical statuses - closed. Is it possible to get the status of each update event in the changelog?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk Community Leader Sep 04, 2022

Hi @Meldok 

Welcome to the community!

Sorry if I misunderstood your question but as far as I understood you want to get the status of the issue when the issue was updated. As an example, assume the priority field was changed, you would have changeitem like field: priority, oldvalue:High, newvalue:Low

However, you also need the information that the status was Open during the change.

If this is the case, you won't get that information because Jira stores status changes like the other fields and you will get that as a changehistory item. So, I'd suggest iterating a loop and keeping the status field value in a variable, whenever the status field was changed, change the variable accordingly.

I hope I was clear, I'd try to help if you share more details.

Best

Hey @Tuncay Senturk !

Yeah, you are right! Thats the point I need to resolve! And it is the only path that you suggested that I will use, I thought of it myself during the weekend. Thank you!

Tuncay Senturk Community Leader Sep 05, 2022

I see, please let me know if you need assistance on that one.

Thanks

Looks like it was harder than i thought. I`ve already parse task_update dict, where i get all the fields i need. 

task['components'] = [c['name'] for c in task['fields']['components']]
task['link'] = "my_jira_link" + task['key']

task['data_date'] = arrow.utcnow().format('YYYY-MM-DD')
task['data_time'] = arrow.utcnow().datetime
task['issue_updated'] = arrow.get(task['fields']['updated']).datetime
task['issue_created'] = arrow.get(task['fields']['created']).datetime

if task_update is not None:
change_field = task_update_item['field'].lower()
task['update_id'] = task_update['id']
task['update_author_name'] = task_update['author']['displayName']
task['update_author_user_name'] = task_update['author']['name']
task['update_time'] = arrow.get(task_update['created'])
task['update_field'] = change_field
task['update_from'] = task_update_item['fromString']
task['update_to'] = task_update_item['toString']
if change_field == "sprint":
if task['update_to'] == '':
task['update_to'] = 'Backlog'
if task['update_from'] is None or '':
task['update_from'] = 'Backlog'

yield task

Here is the piece of my code.  

So now I need to put the status field here, assignee, and duedate - these two fields work in the same way as the status. But if we assume the task has just been created, then the duedate and assignee fields will be empty. Then the status changes, and I need to store its value on all other updates until this status field changes, and then replace it with a new one. So far I don't understand how to implement it.

Tuncay Senturk Community Leader Sep 06, 2022

Hmm, that's tricky. I'd iterate the change items array to find the first status value and use that value until it changes. I mean you have to iterate the list twice, the first iteration will be to find the status change if exists, whenever it finds the change it breaks the loop and moves on to the second loop.

Suggest an answer