How to get rid of search bar in custom field?

Kira Taylor March 10, 2016

I have been building custom fields for a service desk and have a number of questions with yes/no answers - it is superfluous to have a search bar when there are only two options, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it. When I change the search option to "none" in field configuration, it remains. I'd also like to get rid of the "none" when the field is an optional one, but I know that's a common issue that is at least somewhat addressed elsewhere.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Hi Kira,

JIRA does not have boolean type of field (Yes/No, ON/OFF) out of the box. You don't like the select fields so the only other option is to use multi-checkbox with a single option. Here is a quick preview. Yes/No in this case is the name of the field and Yes is the option. With a little tweaking it will be what you need.

image2016-3-10 16:44:37.png

Let me know if this works for you.

Kira Taylor March 14, 2016

Thank you Peter! It is strange that there is no Boolean field, but I appreciate this work-around suggestion.

Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2016

smile

Suggest an answer